Out of an overabundance of caution, Alief ISD is operating on high alert this final week of school with increased police presence in and around schools.
Alief ISD has taken several steps to increase safety integrity including:
- Strict adherence to sign-in and identification procedures for visitors on campus
- Implementation of random weapons checks on students carried out using our walk-through metal detectors as well as our metal-detecting wands
- Increasing the number of active emergency drills
- Construction of additional campus security vestibules
- Increase of AISD police patrols and presence in and around campuses
- Requiring printed photo student IDs at the secondary level.
- Increase in installation of camera surveillance systems across the district