CROSS THE ROAD SAFELY WHEN BOARDING YOUR BUS
- Stay on your side of the road, away fro the traffic.
- Wait for the bus to stop and for your drivers signal to cross.
- Check traffic both ways, then check again.
- Cross by walking directly across, checking traffic in both directions and walk approximately 15 feet in front of the bumper and board the bus quickly.
CROSSING THE ROAD SAFELY WHEN EXITING THE BUS.
- Take 3 giant steps when exiting the bus.
- Walk on the sidewalk until you can see the driver (15 foot rule)
- Stop and wait for the driver to signal you to cross.
- Walk/look for traffic in both directions, crossing the road quickly after all vehicles have crossed.