- Alief ISD
- School Bus Safety
- Home Page
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Hiring Bus Drivers
- Search BUS STOP by address
- How to Use SMART Tag
- SMART Tag Parent Portal (Registration Required)
- Eligibility Guidelines
- Kindergarten Guidelines
- Special Transportation
- School Bus Safety
- Transportation Employee Information
Bus Safety and Conduct Rules
PROTECT YOUR RIDING PRIVLEGE
The following safety rules will be followed by students boarding, riding and exiting the bus:
- Arrive at the bus stop ten (10) minutes before the scheduled pick up time. Buses can not wait for tardy students.
- Obey the driver's instructions. The driver of the school bus is in charge of the passengers while they are aboard.
- Wait at a safe distance from where the bus stops.
- Students will board and the bus in an orderly manner at their assigned stop.
- When the bus arrives, do not approach the bus until it comes to a complete stop and the service door has opened.
- When boarding the bus, do not push or cut in line. Enter the bus in an orderly manner.
- Once on the bus, go directly to the seat of choice and remain seated while the bus is in motion and remain there until you arrive at your final destination.
- Observe the same conduct as in the classroom and follow the drivers instructions. The school bus is an extension of the classroom.
- Hands should be kept to yourself at all times. No horseplay
- Do not extend arms, legs or head out of the bus.
- Fighting and picking on others creates a dangerous bus ride. This behavior will be reported to school personnel.
- Do not deface or mark the bus. Seat coverings must not be damaged in any manner. Anyone caught damaging any part of the bus will be subject to disciplinary action and/or restitution.
- Keep the bus clean. Do not throw trash on the floor.
- Smoking, eating or drinking are not permitted on the bus. Bottled water is allowed.
- Talk quietly. Use acceptable language. Profanity and obscene gestures on the school bus are prohibited.
- Headphones must be used with phones/mp3 players or on any electronic device.
- Always speak quietly on the bus so the driver will not be distracted. Always be silent and turn off devices when a bus comes to a railroad crossing, so the driver can hear if a train is coming.
- Keep all personal belongings and your feet out of the aisle. The aisle must be kept clear at all times. Any items brought on the bus must be able to fit on your lap.
- Never throw items on the bus or out the window.
- Large instruments or sports equipment should not block the aisle or emergency exits.
- If there is an emergency, listen to the driver and follow instructions.
- Do not tamper with the emergency door, emergency windows, fire extinguisher, or other equipment on the bus.
- When the bus arrives at the school or at your bus stop, you must remain seated until the bus has to come to a complete stop and the parking brake has been set.
- When exiting the bus, students needing to cross the street shall wait until directed by the bus driver before crossing in front of the bus. You should never cross behind the bus.