Alief ISD Schools Distinction
ALIEF ISD SCHOOLS EARNED 85 DISTINCTIONS FROM THE TEXAS EDUCATION AGENCY (TEA).
Alief ISD schools earned 85 distinctions from the Texas Education Agency as a part of the state accountability system. This further illustrates the school district’s commitment to student learning and Alief ISD’s dedication to ensuring every student is ready for their post-secondary endeavors.
Campuses that receive an accountability rating of Met Standard, the highest rating from the state, are eligible to earn distinction designations. Distinction designations are awarded for achievement in several different areas and are based on performance relative to a group of campuses of similar type, size, grade span, and student demographics. While not each school was eligible for all distinction designation categories, the designations for 2016 are:
- Academic Achievement in English Language Arts/Reading
- Academic Achievement in Mathematics
- Academic Achievement in Science
- Academic Achievement in Social Studies
- Top 25 Percent: Student Progress
- Top 25 Percent: Closing Performance Gaps
- Postsecondary Readiness (district and campus)
Outley Elementary School, Youngblood Intermediate School, Kerr High School and Alief Early College High School earned all eligible distinctions in 2016.