- O'Donnell Middle School
O’DONNELL MIDDLE SCHOOL - MODE OF DRESS 2018-19
O’DONNELL MIDDLE SCHOOL - MODE OF DRESS
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
8:40 AM – 4:00 PM
Wednesday (Early Release Day)
8:40 AM – 2:45 PM
8:00 AM Students May Begin Arriving
Shirts, Sweaters, Sweatshirt, and Jackets
- Appropriately sized polo shirts (3 buttons) with collars and without emblems are acceptable in solid RED BLACK or GRAY (school colors).
- Sweaters, sweatshirts and lightweight jackets preferably in solid RED BLACK or GRAY are acceptable as long as they are not oversized.
- Students may wear approved spirit shirts or sweatshirts. Spirit shirts/sweatshirts are those shirts or sweatshirts that promote ODMS, clubs, organizations, or extracurricular activities at O’Donnell Middle School.
Slacks, Pants, Shorts, Skirts, and Belts
- Slacks, shorts or skirts must be solid khaki, or solid navy blue. They must also fit properly and are to be hemmed. Hemlines must be no more than 2” above the knee.
- Students may wear black or brown, leather or leather-like belts only. (NO embellishments, buttons, beads, etc. and NO excessively large buckles)
College Spirit Shirts
- Wednesdays are College Spirit Days at O’Donnell Students are allowed to wear these on Wednesdays as part of their mode of dress so make sure to get them their favorite college t-shirt.
- Students are allowed to wear blue jeans on Wednesdays with a college spirit shirt ONLY.
Small purses for female students are allowed if needed.
Additional Information: The following ARE NOT PERMITTED
- Hoods cannot be worn in school.
- Satin, silk, polyester, or sheer shirts
- Dickey and Oxford button-down shirts
- Heavy coats/jackets worn inside the school building
- Sagging or drooping pants/shorts. Wide-legged or baggy pants/shorts
- Denim clothing and jeans unless approved by the administration
- Skinny jeans and pants or form-fitted skirts and shorts/Ripped jeans or pants
- Overalls, spandex or stretch type pants or shorts
- Belts that are canvas, cloth, scarves, chains, ribbons
- Open-toe shoes, sandals, or “backless” shoes/sliders. House Shoes/slippers are not allowed.
- Large necklaces/medallions/rosaries
- Bandanas and flags (either wearing, displaying, or in the student’s possession)
- Earrings and facial hair for boys
- Visible body piercing other than earrings for girls
- Visible tattoos