Smart Tag ID Badges
Alief ISD has contracted with Secured Mobility LLC to pilot a program designed to increase safety and security for students riding on the school bus. The pilot program starts Monday, Jan. 23, 2017, at Heflin, Martin and Hicks Elementary Schools.
By using SMART Tag ID badges and iPads mounted inside of each bus, students will scan onto and off of the bus each morning and afternoon.
SMART Tag technology provides real-time information on student loading and unloading data to the school, the Alief ISD Transportation Department, and to parents/guardians.
- It ensures that students load on the right bus and unload at the correct bus stop.
- All students must keep their SMART Tag ID badges. This is now a school-issued ID card.
- Students must wear the badges home each day and back to school the next day.
- Lost cards cost $5 to replace.
- Kindergarten students will continue to use the red tag/green tag system for authorized guardian release at bus stops.
- Kindergarten students will have SMART Tag IDs as well.
If you have any questions, please contact the Alief ISD Transportation Department and 281-983-8400 or the Heflin office at 281-531-1144.
Click on the link below for more information.