- Elsik Ninth Grade Center
Smart Tag Info
SAFER BUS TRANSPORTATION : EASY AS 1, 2, 3
In just three easy steps, you and your child can have peace of mind knowing that students are safe and sound on their way to and from school. The SMART Tag electronic bus transportation system ensures that students get on the right bus and get off at the right stop.
SMARTER AND SAFER BUS TRANSPORTATION
- Students are issued new school ID cards with an electronic chip SMART sensor (please do not modify the ID cards)
- The tablet will display whether the rider is boarding the correct bus or getting off at the right stop
- Parents and guardians can sign up for SMART Alerts via text to notify them that their child boarded the bus or exited at the correct stop
Have Questions? Contact Alief ISD Transportation Services at (281) 983-8400.
TRANSPORTE EN AUTOBÚS MÁS SEGURO: TAN FÁCIL COMO 1, 2, 3
En solo tres pasos, usted y su hijo pueden tener tranquilidad al saber que están sanos y salvos de camino a la escuela y a casa. El sistema de transporte electrónico de autobuses con etiqueta INTELIGENTE asegura que los estudiantes se suban al autobús correcto y se bajen en la parada correcta.
TRANSPORTE EN AUTOBÚS MÁS INTELIGENTE Y MÁS SEGURO
- Se emiten nuevas tarjetas de identificación de estudiante con un sensor INTELIGENTE con chip electrónico (favor de no modificar las tarjetas de identificación)
- La tableta indica si el estudiante se está subiendo al autobús correcto o si se está bajando en la parada correcta
- Los padres y tutores pueden inscribirse para recibir alertas Inteligentes por texto que les notifiquen que su hijo se subió al autobús correcto o se bajó en la parada correcta
¿Tiene preguntas? Comuníquese a Servicios de transporte del Alief ISD al (281) 983-8400.
ĐI XE BUÝT AN TOÀN HƠN: DỄ NHƯ ĐẾM 1, 2, 3
Chỉ với ba bước đơn giản này, quý vị và con quý vị có thể an tâm khi biết các em được an toàn trên đường tới trường và về nhà. Hệ thống chuyên chở xe buýt điện tử SMART Tag bảo đảm các học sinh lên đúng xe và xuống đúng điểm dừng.
ĐI XE BUÝT THÔNG MINH HƠN VÀ AN TOÀN HƠN
- Các học sinh được cấp thẻ ID trường mới có chip điện tử cảm biến SMART (vui lòng không chỉnh sửa thẻ ID)
- Bảng này sẽ hiển thị người đi có lên đúng xe hay xuống đúng điểm dừng hay không
- Phụ huynh và người giám hộ có thể đăng ký sử dụng dịch vụ nhắn tin qua điện thoại SMART Alerts để nhận thông báo con em họ đã lên xe buýt hoặc xuống đúng điểm dừng
Quý vị có thắc mắc? Liên lạc với Dịch Vụ Chuyên Chở của Alief ISD tại số (281) 983-8400.
Details Regarding the SMART Tag Program
The Alief Independent School District Transportation Department has the tremendous responsibility of transporting our students to and from school each day. Ensuring their safety is our highest priority. In our continuous efforts to meet our goals and exceed your expectations, we often research current market systems, explore new solutions, and examine best practices in the school bus transportation industry. As such, we have identified a solution that is one of the most technologically advanced and comprehensive systems available today. We firmly believe the new system will not only increase our efficiency, it will provide you with added confidence in our transportation services, and most importantly, reassure you of our commitment to student safety.
Each of our buses is outfitted with a Samsung tablet equipped with a Radio Frequency Identification reader, mobile connectivity, and Global Positioning System. Similar to systems used in public transportation, students place their campus-supplied SMART tag ID badges on the tablet’s sensor when loading and unloading their bus. Only the student’s name and associated bar code will be printed on the ID badge. No information is stored on the badge.
Our bus drivers also benefit through improved safety and automation of tasks, better enabling them to focus on the safe transport of students. Specifically, the SMART tag system wirelessly transmits information to our transportation department staff to include the location of each bus, the names of the students on board each bus, notification of an approaching bus, and the ability to view a student’s ridership activity.
Alief ISD piloted the program at all elementary campuses as well as at Holub Middle School, Kerr High School and Alief Early College High School for the 2016 - 2017 school year.
Students currently enrolled for transportation services will be provided with a SMART tag ID badge at no charge to use for 2017 - 2018 school year. Please note, a SMART tag ID badge is required each time your child enters and exits the bus. However, rest assured, our drivers will not deny any student of transportation services if the student does not have his/her badge present at boarding time. Information on how to obtain a replacement badge is detailed in our 'Frequently Asked Questions' posted to the left of this page.
In time, we hope you will appreciate the many advantages of the SMART tag system and how it will help improve the safety and security of our students, as well as the efficiency and accuracy of our drivers and transportation personnel.
Should you have any questions or concerns about the SMART tag system not addressed on our website, please contact the Alief ISD Transportation Department at 281-983-8400, or via email at email@example.com.