About the High Schools of Choice Application
For the 2021-2022 school year, Alief ISD is using an online common application for our four high schools of choice.
Applicants currently not enrolled in Alief ISD may be required to upload documents. Parents and students should work together to complete the application.
Application and Acceptance Timeline
- Online applications open January 5, 2021, for priority acceptance and close February 28, 2021, at 5:00 p.m.
- Students applying after February 28, 2021, will automatically be placed on a waitlist.
- Priority Acceptance letters go out March 26, 2021.
- Students must confirm their acceptance no later April 2, 2021.
How to Start An Application
To start an application, students and parents should use the application links:
- After clicking on the link below, you will be asked to either Create an Account or Sign In (if you have an existing account).
- Click on Create an Account and submit the information as requested.
- Next, you will be given a choice between New Student Registration and the Schools of Choice Application 2021-2022.
- Click Schools of Choice Application 2021-2022 and start your application.
You can leave the online application at any time (it automatically saves your work) and return to it at any time prior to hitting the submission button. Once the application is submitted, you will not be allowed to change any information on the application.
Students have the option to use this application to apply to one or more schools of choice by selecting and ranking their preferences in the online application. We encourage students and parents to apply to multiple programs as space is limited in all four programs. If you meet the requirements for multiple programs and are accepted to multiple programs, you will be given the option of selecting the program you wish to attend.
After hitting the submission button, Kerr High School applicants will receive a prompt to submit a minimum of two e-mail addresses of current teachers that will complete a reference form for those applicants. Upon submission, you will receive a confirmation email. Please keep a copy of this email for your records.
Please refer to individual campus web pages to learn more about the schools, programs, student requirements and expectations.