Character Trait of the Month - Courage
Courage is our Character trait for April
Kid’s Definition: Standing up for what you know is right – even when you are afraid and others do not stand with you.
Children who have Courage:
- Admit when they are wrong.
- Make good choices when others do not
- Are kind to those who are unkind.
- Ask for help when they need it.
Other words that mean Courage:
Children’s books that teach about Courage and how to cope with fear:
- When I Feel Afraid PK-KN
- I am Amelia Earhart PK-KN
- I feel frightened PK-1st
- Feeling Afraid PK-1st
- Violet the Piolet PK-2nd
- Let’s Talk about Feeling Worried PK-2nd
- Stand Tall Molly Lou Mellon KN-2nd
- Sheila Rae the Brave KN-2nd
- Thunder Rose 2nd-3rd
- The Story of Ruby Bridges 2n-3rd
- You’re Mean, Lilly Jean 3rd-4th
- Courage 3rd-5th
- The Bravest of us All 3rd-5th
Websites that teach Courage: