Student Participation in Meaningful Engagement through Virtual Means
Have you ever...
- Been online using a phone, tablet, or computer?
- Read or sent an email or text?
- Typed a document, developed a presentation or created some other thing using an electronic application?
- Had a conversation with someone via FaceTime, Google Hangout, SeeSaw, Skype or some other app?
- Recorded a video or taken a picture of something using a device?
- Shared a picture, document, video, website link, or anything else with someone using a technology tool?
- Watched a video or movie using a device?
- Learned anything or shared what you learned about something when doing any of the above activities?
- Used a technology device in any way and learned something from it?
If you can answer "Yes" to any one of the above questions, then chances are you have engaged in distance learning -- especially if you created something that you shared with another person.
Teachers in Alief are finding ways to help kids participate in learning beyond the classroom. Students in Alief will have the chance to show what they know virtually. Imagine the possibilities!
Tips & Tools for Students
Establish Your Daily Schedule and Learning Space
Set a Daily Schedule
Be an Active Learner
Share Your Learning
Digital Accommodations at Home