Roadmap to Reopening
Keeping in mind that our top priority is to ensure that students receive the best education possible, while keenly paying attention to the daily health data that is supplied by local health officials, Alief ISD has identified a date to begin cautiously phasing in students who choose face to face instruction. As many of you know, the Board and our administration team have talked about using a strategic and methodical phased-in approach for several months.
Our approach to resuming in-person learning amounts to our careful consideration of both safety and academic support--and how to balance the two. We feel our proposed approach, grounded in both health data and the needs of our students, staff and community, is the only way to do right by our students, staff, and families. Above all, we commit to remaining flexible, proactive, nuanced, and creative in our plan as it evolves.
- ECSE - Early Childhood Special Education (educación especial para la primera infancia)
- PPCD - Preschool Program for Children with Disabilities (programa preescolar para niños con discapacidades)
- REACH - Reaching Excellence and Accelerating Communication (alcanzar la excelencia y acelerar la comunicación)
- LIFE - Learning in Functional Environments (aprendizaje en ambientes funcionales)
- TLC - Total Learning Center (centro de aprendizaje total)
- ALFAS - Applied Learning for Adult Students (aprendizaje con aplicación para estudiantes adultos)
- TALIS - Transitioning Adult Learning into Success (transición del aprendizaje para adultos al éxito)
Roadmap to Reopening Timeline
During each phase, parents/guardians have the option to request for their child(ren) to continue to learn from home. Additional information will be shared with parents/guardians by the school.
Parents/guardians will have the option to switch between in-person and virtual learning at the end of each grading period (9 weeks).
Phase-In Dates Subject to Change
Phase 1 (Beginning Monday, September 21):
Phase 1 will begin with our most vulnerable special education population student groups as identified below:
- ECSE (PPCD)
Students not in these specific student groups whose parents selected in-person instruction will continue to use Alief Learns at Home during this phase.
Phase 2 (Beginning Tuesday, September 29):
Phase 2 will include the following grade levels:
- 5th Grade
- 7th Grade
Students not in these grade levels whose parents selected in-person instruction will continue to use Alief Learns at Home during this phase.
Phase 3 (Beginning Monday, October 12):
Phase 3 will include the remaining grade levels:
- 1st Grade
- 2nd Grade
- 3rd Grade
- 4th Grade
- 6th Grade
- 8th Grade
- 9th Grade
- 10th Grade
- 11th Grade
- 12th Grade
Students who select virtual learning in lieu of in-person instruction will continue to use Alief Learns at Home.