Taylor High School Advanced Academics
Advanced Academics Officer
Email Address: email@example.com
Stop by and see Mrs. Baines for questions or concerns about Pre AP and AP classes, Early Edge/Princeton Review resources, SAT Prep program, or Gifted and Talented.
Students taking Pre AP and/or AP Courses
Pre AP and AP courses provide students the opportunity to engage in robust classes that aim to prepare students for the rigorous demands of college classwork. Students at Taylor may select from an array of Pre AP courses in English, languages other than English, science, math, and art. Our AP program boasts 22 courses each tied to an AP Exam experience. In May, students may choose to take the corresponding AP Exam and earn college credit for a successful exam score. For additional information regarding Taylor High School Advanced Academics program or AP/ Pre AP classes, see Mrs. Baines in 1549
SAT Day for Juniors
On Wednesday, March 6, 2019, all juniors in cohort 2020 will take the real SAT with Essay. 11th graders will be able to send the results of their SAT to colleges/universities of their choosing and will also receive detailed score reports summarizing performance. All students want to be sure to sign up for a FREE College Board account; and when the results come back, students will be able to link their College Board accounts to Khan Academy, a FREE online portal used for help with AP and Pre AP courses, SAT Prep, and much more!
AP Exam Information for 2019
Registration for May 2019 AP Exams
- The exam registration window is January 14-February 7, 2019 @ 2:45pm.
- No registrations will be accepted after Feb. 7, 2019.
AP Exam Payment
- There is a $15 refundable deposit collected for AP Exam registration.
- Payment window is Feb. 11-March 1, 2019.
- The $15 deposit is due by March 1, 2019 at 2:45pm. Failure to make payment by March 1, 2019 will result in the cancellation of a student's AP exam registration.
- Payments can be made in 1549 with the Testing Facilitator, Mrs. Sampy.
- Cash or money orders are acceptable.
- Payments can be made before school, during lunch, or after school until 2:45. Students must have a pass from their AP teacher to make a payment during class time.
AP Exam Refunds
- There is a $15 refundable deposit for registering for AP Exams.
- Your $15 deposit will be refunded only if a student attends each exam for which s/he registered.
- A student forfeits the $15 deposit if s/he fails to attend an exam registered to take.
Ready to register for AP Exams?
Click the link- Register for AP Exams 2019 .