Budewig Uniform Policy: Due to many families suffering an economic hardship the last thing I or anyone from Budewig wants is to put any further stress on our families’ pocketbooks. For the 2020-2021 school year we will not require our students to wear a school uniform. They must however still follow all district policies in regards to appropriate attire, hair, shoes, and accessories. Page 22 in Alief Student Handbook
STANDARDS FOR DRESS and GROOMING
Alief ISD takes pride in the appearance of our students. The district’s dress code is established to promote grooming and hygiene, to prevent disruption, and to minimize safety hazards. All students shall wear clothing that is neat, modest, and complies with the Alief ISD standards for dress and grooming as these are contributing factors to a positive learning environment.
Students who violate the school’s dress code will be afforded an opportunity to correct the problem at school. Repeated offenses of dress code violations may result in disciplinary actions or consequences in accordance with the Student Code of Conduct.
• In order to ensure the health and safety of all students and staff when attending in-person instruction, students are required to wear a mask. Masks must comply with Alief ISD Standards for Dress and Grooming. Masks must be worn in both Alief ISD buildings and vehicles. Students who fail to comply will be returned to Alief Learns at Home.
• Clothing for school must be appropriate for school activities.
• Appropriate underclothing must be worn at all times. Exposure of undergarments is unacceptable.
• See-through tops, plunging necklines, tops exposing the midriff, tank tops, and halter tops are not to be worn.
• Too loose clothing or attire too tight for walking, sitting, bending,or reaching is unacceptable to wear to school.
• Oversized clothing, sagging pants, and exposure of undergarments are not permitted.
• Form-fitting shorts or pants of Lycra or spandex and biker shorts or pants are not permitted. (no leggings/jeggings or athletic wear - Per Budewig)
• Slashed or ripped clothing must not expose inappropriate anatomy.
• Clothing, hairstyles, cosmetic modifications or other items with designs or words referring to alcoholic beverages, drugs, tobacco, violence, death, gangs, Satanism, racism, profanity, nudity, or obscenity must not be worn or displayed on campus or at school-related activities.
• Hats, caps, and hoods must not be worn in buildings.
• Bandanas are prohibited.
• Hemlines of shorts, skirts, and dresses must not be distracting to the instructional environment.
• Shoes must be worn and shall not present a health problem or hazard for the student or others. House shoes/slippers are not allowed.
• Hair should be clean, well groomed, out of the eyes and worn in moderation.
• Facial hair, including mustaches, must be neatly trimmed.
• Students who wear earrings must avoid those which present a safety hazard or distraction to the learning environment, Gauges/ear stretchers, symbols (reflecting gang
affiliation, drugs, alcohol, satanic ideologies, etc.) and chains are not permitted.