Communities In School/CISShemika Jordan-CISVirtual Office HoursMonday- Friday 10 am- 11am, 1:30-2:30Google Number(409) 241-6354
CIS believes that every child needs and deserves:
- A one-on-one relationship with a caring adult
- A safe place to learn and grow
- A healthy start and a healthy future
- A marketable skill to use upon graduation
- A chance to give back to peers and community
CIS Core Services:
- Supportive Guidance & Counseling – mentoring, goal setting and counseling
- Parental & Family Engagement – parent education, parent volunteer recruitment and events for parents
- Health & Human Services – referrals to physical health needs, emergency financial, food and clothing assistance
- Academic Support – attendance support, tutoring, homework assistance and college planning
- College & Career Readiness – career fairs, guest speakers and job readiness skills training
- Enrichment Activities – diversity, sports, community service and after-school recreational activities
CIS and Confidentiality
- CIS services to students and families are confidential.
- There are a few situations where CIS staff is required by law to break confidentiality and seek outside help.
- These situations are where:
- (a) A student might be a danger to himself/herself
- (b) A student might be a danger to someone else
- (c) A student reports having been hurt by someone else.
- Texas law requires any person who believes that a child is being abused, neglected or exploited to report the circumstances to the Texas Department of Protective and Regulatory Services Abuse Hotline at 1 (800) 252-5400. The reporting web site is: https://www.txabusehotline.org
Meet Your CIS staff!
- S. Jordan