Welcome staff, students, parents and community stakeholders to the Counselor’s Corner at Sneed Elementary!
Akeena McDonald, and Lourdes Ocasio are the counselors here at this campus.
Sneed Elementary Counselors provide services for all our students in the following areas:
- Guidance Curriculum - to help students develop their full educational potential;
- Responsive Services - to intervene on behalf of any student whose immediate personal concerns or problems put the student’s continued educational, career, personal concerns, or social development at risk;
- Individual Planning - to help students plan, monitor, and manage their own educational, career, personal, and social development;
- System Support - to support the efforts of teachers, staff, parents, and other members of the system in promoting the educational, career, personal, and social development of students.
Guidance Lessons- The campus counselors will visit your classess monthly to provide lessons from the Character Strong curriculum.
Small Group Counseling- Based on the current needs of the students, the counselor will conduct small group sessions. Some of these session topics may include healthy friendship skills, divorce, attendance, grief groups and more.
Individual Counseling- The camous counselors will work with students on an individual basis who self-refer or are referred by a staff member. A parent permission form will be sent home after the initial counseling session.
- Bilingual Pre-Kindergarten to Third-Grade/ Bilingue de pre-kindergarten a tercer grado
- Monligual Third-Grade/ Monoligue tercer grado
Contact Information/ Información de contacto: Google Voice- 281-803-9831 or 713-789-6979 extention 23338
Email/correo electrónico email@example.com
Ocasio’s Student Referral Forms/Solicitudes de referido de Ocasio
If you have observed any concerning behavior with a student, complete a Referral Form. Please read the title of each form to identify which one is correct for the student.
Si ha observado alguna conducta preocuapante de su estudiante puede completar la siguiente solocitud. Por favor lea el título de cada solicitud para identificar cuál es la correcta para su estudiante.
- Teachers-Bilingual from Pre-kindergarten to Third-Grade and Monolingual Third-Grade
- Padres- con estudiantes bilingües desde prekinder hasta tercer grado
- Parents-Monolingual Third Grade
Akeena McDonald firstname.lastname@example.org
Monolingual Pre-Kindergarten thru second and fourth grade
Phone contact 713-789-6979 extension 4
You may also learn more about recent Sneed Counseling NEWS by reading our “Counselor Connection Newsletter,” click on the following link https://www.smore.com/rk7xf.
Homeless Services - https://www.aliefisd.net/homeless
Report Bullying - https://www.aliefisd.net/report
Technology Info - https://www.aliefisd.net/domain/4408
Career Exploration - https://www.symbaloo.com/home/mix/13ePQQO2c3
Action Calendar - https://www.actionforhappiness.org/calendars
Character Strong - The CharacterStrong Podcast on Apple Podcasts
College Info - https://campustours.com/