2016-2017 Campus Shared Decision Making Committee
Administrator Elizabeth Maldonado Principal
Business Representative Jesus Vega Business Rep.
Classroom Teacher Dolores Abouelshabayek Fourth Grade
Classroom Teacher Sourida Abourahal First Grade
Classroom Teacher Marco Dosal Third Grade
Classroom Teacher Isela Jimenez-Ruiz First Grade
Classroom Teacher Valencia Martin Pre-Kinder
Classroom Teacher Jesus Mercado Kindergarten
Classroom Teacher Tammy Wise Second Grade
Community Representative Eric King Community Rep.
Counselor Kim Reed-Hartley Counselor
District-level Professional Francisco Razo District Improvement
Facilitator Amanda Vega Title I/ Bridge
Non-classroom Professional Carol Kaufmann Math/Science Block
Non-classroom Professional Patricia Schmidt ELD Interventionist
Paraprofessional Emelin Rubio School Secretary
Parent Eulalia Cornejo Parent
Parent Wendy Luz Leon Parent
Parent Azalea Panzo Parent
Parent Guadalupe Ramirez Parent
Parent Yitza Ramos Parent
Parent Jessica Umanzor Parent
Parent Center Liaison Yadira Lino-Ramos Parent Center
Title I Rep. Gabriela Cuevas ESL Lead
SDC Committee Meeting Minutes
Date: May 2, 2017
Place: Sneed’s Library
Time : 3:15 – 5:00 pm.
- The members were welcomed and asked to sign in.
- The norms and expectations were read.
- The minutes from the previous meeting were read and accepted.
- Cuevas is the record keeper for this meeting.
- As this is our last SDC meeting for the year, we are celebrating and our business partner, Mr. Vega, treated us to wings, tea and cookies. J
- Another celebration we have is that we received an email from Ms. Tung in the district saying that we have completed all the compliance work for this year.
- Members were given all the highlights submitted by each team to read. Members had to choose and vote for the top ten ones to submit.
- SDC representatives worked in small groups with each component from the Needs Assessment plan. We had to choose and reflect on two of the questions. Ms. Vega asked members to read in small groups different components and then focus on 2 of the questions to discuss and elaborate. Responses were written down and handed to the facilitator.
- ILT team will work on the CAP and TAIS and reflect on what went well this year and things that need refinement.
- Maldonado, the school’s principal, told members that in previous years ILT had been in charge of writing the TAIS plans and goals but that for the following year they want all the staff to be involved so that everyone’s voice is heard. She said that input on root causes and problem statements involves all the staff in order to all collaborate to get to a solution. So that will be a starting point for next school year.
- Members were told that the checkers in charge of Plan4learning will have to complete the fourth and final formative review of the strategies by May 19. Ms. Vega will send an email to the people in charge of this task to remind them to complete the plan.
- Next we looked at the 3rd quarter’s results from Plan4learning and we discussed to find glows and concerns.
- Vega gave out the SDC survey to each representative to fill in and asked if they would like to continue serving in the committee for the following school year. 100% of the members say they want to continue in SDC.
- A group picture of all members was taken in the library to commemorate this final meeting.
- The meeting was adjourned at 5:00 pm.