Our school nurse is Mrs. Kathy Revenaugh, R.N.
School nurses responsiblities include:
- provide first aid in emergencies
- notify parents/guardians when a child can no longer remain in class and needs to be sent home due to an injury, illness or communicable disease/infection
- assist students to learn proper health and hygiene practice
- notify parents/guardians if a doctor or dentist visit is recommended
- administer medication required during the school day
All medication must:
- be in the original container
- properly labeled
- must be accompanied by a written request signed. If over the counter medication, it must be signed by the parent/guardian. If prescription medication, the request must be signed by both the parent/guardian and the physician prescribing the medication.
A doctor's authorization is required for any of the following:
- any medication given for more than 10 school days
- any controlled drug
- emergengy medications, i.e. inhalers, epi-kits
- a yearly renewal of doctor's authorization is required for all long term medications i.e. inhalers, epi-kits, controlled substances