Car-Rider Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
To continue our efforts to minimize traffic problems when dropping off or picking up your children, we have consulted with the Alief ISD Police Department, the Alief ISD Transportation Department, the Houston Police Department, and the local Constable. We need your help as well!
Please follow these traffic guidelines.
FRONT CIRCLE DRIVEWAY:
- Stay in your car.
- Form a line as indicated by markers and school staff. (Single line for morning arrival; double line for afternoon dismissal)
- Move your car up to the farthest point in the line.
- DO NOT pull out and around other vehicles in the line of traffic.
- Place your child's name in the front windshield. (Name strips provided when school starts)
- DO NOT park in or block the bus lane at the side of the building.
- DO NOT drop off or pick up in the back parking lot.
- All children who are CAR RIDERS for dismissal MUST be loaded into cars in the front drive. You MAY NOT walk up and remove your child from the car rider area.
- If you park at the church or shopping center next door and walk across with the crossing guard or around the sidewalk, your child must be considered a WALKER.
- Changes in transportation must be done by 2:30. Last minute changes cause confusion for students and increase the potential for errors. The front office and the classrooms are very busy at the end of the day. Any change requests after 2:30 will require administrator approval and may be denied.
We know student safety is a top priority for you, as parents, just as it is for the Heflin staff. Arrival and dismissal procedures may not always be convenient, but they are in place for the safety of each child. Your cooperation is appreciated!