Our school operates a Schoolwide Title I, Part A Program. The following FAQs are designed to build your awareness of our campus’ Title I Program and the benefits for all of our students.What is Title I, Part A?
What are the benefits of a Schoolwide Title I program
- Title I, Part A is a federal program designed to help all students meet the state’s challenging academic performance standards. Schoolwide Title I Programs provide supplemental funds that are used to improve the educational program of the entire school.
Schools may provide additional:
How can parents participate in Title I programs?
- Instructional services, such as intervention or tutoring
- Teachers to support instructional services
- Educational materials to improve instruction
- Professional development for teachers and support staff
- Parent involvement opportunities
All parents at Title I Schoolwide campuses are encouraged to:
What other opportunities for parent involvement are available on Title Schoolwide campuses?
- Provide input and offer feedback on the Title I program
- Participate in the development of School-Parent Compacts and Parent Involvement Policies
- Receive information regarding the curriculum in use at the school
- Receive information regarding the forms of academic assessment used to measure student progress
- Receive information regarding the proficiency levels that students are expected to meet in order to be academically successful.
- Parent workshops and parent-child interactive sessions designed to help parents support their children’s academic progress
- Materials and resources to support learning at home
- Opportunities to participate on campus and district level committees