Welcome to Federal Programs and Grants
Our mission is to make sure that each district activity supported through special revenue meets the intent of the funding source and is in full compliance with all applicable policies and regulations. We are committed to helping district employees successfully seek, obtain, and administer competitive grants for the benefit of staff and students.
How We Can Help You
The Federal Programs & Grants Department works with other district personnel to seek, obtain, and administer special revenue programs. Special revenue programs are programs and activities funded through federal, state, local, and private funding sources.
Federal Dollars Support Education
You may have heard that public school districts receive federal funding. We are happy to report that Alief students and staff benefit significantly from federal funding received every school year. Federal, state, and other sources continuously work together to provide support for our students and staff with the goal of college and career readiness for every Alief ISD student.
- Title I, Part A - Improving Basic Programs
- Title II, Part A – Supporting Effective Instruction
- Title III, Part A - English Language Acquisition, Language Enhancement, and Academic Achievement Act
- Title IV, Part A - Student Support and Academic Enrichment
- Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education
- State Compensatory Education
Karla Kessler, Director
Patty Dillard, Federal Funds Assistant
Rhonda Grate-Heath, Special Revenue Assistant
Angie Baker, Compliance Coordinator
Samantha Tung, Compliance Coordinator
Jenay Matthews, Special Revenue Accountant
Zack Ward, Competitive Grants Specialist