From June 1 to July 30, Alief ISD will transition to providing breakfast and lunch Monday to Thursday; on Thursdays, parents will pick up meals for both Thursday and Friday.
Meals Curbside Pick-Up Information
Alief ISD is working to ensure students have access to healthy meals during school closures.
DATE: Monday to Thursday from May 26 to July 30
TIME: Beginning at 9:00 a.m. until all meals have been distributed (first come, first serve)
WHAT: Breakfast and lunch curbside pick-up
WHO: Any Alief ISD students (no age restrictions), any students with disabilities (no age restrictions) and any non-Alief ISD students age 18 and younger
WHERE: Bus loading zone of the following campuses:
- Bush Elementary School - 9730 Stroud Dr.
- Heflin Elementary School - 3303 Synott Rd.
- Horn Elementary School - 10734 Bissonnet St.
- Landis Elementary School - 10255 Spice Ln.
- Smith Elementary School - 11300 Stancliff Rd.
- Alief Middle School - 4415 Cook Rd.
New Meals Policy / Nuevas reglas de comidas
In order to receive meals -
If children are present – no additional documentation is needed.
If children are not present - parent must show one of the following for each child 18 and under:
- Report Card
- Student ID/Key tag
- Attendance Record with student’s name
- Birth certificate (for children not in school)
Without one of the listed forms of documentation, parents will only receive meals for the number of students present.
Para recibir comidas:
Si hay niños presentes, no se necesita documentación adicional.
Si los niños no están presentes, los padres deben mostrar uno de los siguientes para cada niño menor de 18 años:
- Boleta de calificaciones
- Identificación del estudiante / etiqueta de identidad de la escuela
- Registro de asistencia con el nombre del alumno
- Certificado de nacimiento (para niños que no están en la escuela)
Sin una de las formas de documentación enumeradas, los padres solo recibirán comidas por el número de estudiantes presentes.
Curbside Pick-Up FAQs
Does my child have to go to Alief ISD schools in order to receive the meals?
Can I pick up the meals for my child?
How long will Alief ISD offer curbside pick-up?
What is Alief ISD doing to ensure the health and safety of students, parents and staff during curbside pick-up?
How much are the meals?
What types of foods will be included in the breakfasts and lunches?
Can I volunteer and assist with the curbside pick-up?
How will changes be communicated to parents?