Substituting in Alief ISD
Alief ISD seeks professionals with a desire to positively contribute to the educational experiences for students in the district. The selection process for Substitutes in Alief ISD occurs throughout the school year; interested applicants are encouraged to apply.
The Application Process
- Complete a Substitute Application on line.
- Upload all required documents and provide an email address for every reference.
- Your application will be reviewed and you may be selected to continue in the application process. Note: Completion of an application does not guarantee that you will be contacted for employment.
- If selected, you will be invited to attend a substitute screening session. Those meeting the criteria must attend a Substitute Orientation and CHAMPS training. These are required for all Alief Substitutes.
- After completion of orientation and CHAMPS training, your Substitute Office Specialist will email you a “fast fingerprint pass” and instructions for fingerprinting.
- Bring your fingerprint receipt to your Substitute Specialist; you will receive a badge and Substitute information.
- Once all steps are complete, you may begin working as an Alief ISD substitute.