Registration for the May 2020 AP exams will occur in the Fall 2020. Please check with your campus Advanced Academics Officer/GT Specialist for more details about signing up to take AP exams. To ensure timely processing, the deadline for registering to take a May 2021 AP exam is October 31. More information can be found on the AP Exam Fall Registration Information page.
To find out more about each of the courses and the exams, visit the AP Bulletin for Students and Parents and the College Board website here: About the AP Exams and for more information about AP exams and courses.
All Alief ISD enrolled students can contact the Advanced Academics Officer/GT Specialist at his or her designated campus to register for AP exams.
Homeschool students who reside within the Alief ISD boundaries and wish to take AP exams should send an email to Willette Guinhawa-Ho, Advanced Academics Testing Specialist, no later than January 31 to ensure processing time.
- proof of Alief residency
- student picture ID
- $105.00 per test fee
Students registering after the deadline will incur a $40.00 late registration fee.
2021 AP Exam Schedule
Morning 8 a.m.
Afternoon 12 noon
Monday, May 3, 2021
United States Government and Politics
Physics C: Mechanics
Physics C: Electricity and Magnetism
Tuesday, May 4, 2021
Wednesday, May 5, 2021
English Literature and Composition
Physics 1: Algebra-Based
Thursday, May 6, 2021
United States History
Computer Science A
Friday, May 7, 2021
Spanish Literature and Culture
Physics 2: Algebra-Based
Art and Design—AP 2-D Art and Design, 3-D Art and Design, and Drawing: Last day for coordinators to submit digital portfolios (by 8 p.m. ET) and to gather 2-D Art and Design and Drawing students for physical portfolio assembly.
Teachers should have forwarded students’ completed digital portfolios to coordinators before this date.
Morning 8 a.m.
Afternoon 12 noon
Monday, May 10, 2021
French Language and Culture
World History: Modern
May 11, 2021
Spanish Language and Culture
Wednesday, May 12, 2021
English Language and Composition
Thursday, May 13, 2021
Computer Science Principles
Friday, May 14, 2021
Chinese Language and Culture
- Coordinators are responsible for notifying students when and where to report for the exams. Early testing or testing at times other than those published by the College Board is not permitted under any circumstances.
- Coordinators should order alternate (late-testing) exams for students who would like to take exams that are scheduled for the same time.
- Schools must begin the morning exam administration between 8 and 9 a.m. local time and the afternoon exam administration between 12 and 1 p.m. local time. The AP Physics C: Electricity and Magnetism Exam must begin between 2 and 3 p.m. local time.
- Schools in Alaska must begin the morning exam administration between 7 and 8 a.m. local time, and the afternoon exam administration between 11 a.m. and 12 p.m. local time. The AP Physics C: Electricity and Magnetism Exam in Alaska must begin between 1 and 2 p.m. local time.
- AP Seminar and AP Research students must submit performance tasks as final and their presentations must be scored by their AP Seminar or AP Research teachers no later than 11:59 p.m. ET on April 30, 2021. AP Seminar End-of-Course Exams are only available to students at schools participating in the AP Capstone Diploma program.
- Students participating in AP Computer Science Principles must submit all performance tasks as final in the AP Digital Portfolio no later than 11:59 p.m. ET on April 30, 2021.
Occasionally, circumstances make it necessary for students to test late. To preserve the security of AP Exams, alternate forms are used for late testing. All students who participate in late testing at a given school must take these alternate exams on the scheduled late-testing dates at the scheduled times. See Late-Testing Policies for full details.