The district’s dress code is established to teach grooming and hygiene, to prevent disruption, and to minimize safety hazards. Appropriate student dress and grooming are contributing factors to a positive personal image and to a positive learning environment.
If the principal determines that a student’s grooming or clothing violates the school’s dress code, the student will be given an opportunity to correct the problem at school. If not corrected, the student will be assigned to SAC for the remainder of the day, until the problem is corrected, or until a parent or designee brings an acceptable change of clothing to school.
Repeated offenses may result in more serious disciplinary action in accordance with the Student Code of Conduct.
• Clothing for school must be appropriate for school activities and must be acceptable for the gender of the student.
• Appropriate underclothing must be worn at all times. Exposure of undergarments is unacceptable.
• See-through tops, plunging necklines, tops exposing the midriff, tank tops, and halter tops are not to be worn.
• Too loose clothing or attire too tight for walking, sitting, bending, or reaching is unacceptable to wear to school.
• Oversized clothing, sagging pants, and exposure of undergarments are not permitted.
• Form-fitting shorts of Lycra or spandex and biker shorts are not permitted.
• Cut-offs and slashed or ripped clothing is prohibited.
• Clothing, hairstyles, cosmetic modifications or other items with designs or words referring to alcoholic beverages, drugs, tobacco, violence, death, gangs, satanism, racism, profanity, nudity, or obscenity must not be on campus or at school-related activities.
• Hats, caps, and bandanas must not be worn.
• Hemlines of shorts, skirts, and dresses may be no more than 2” above the knees.
• Shoes must be worn and shall not present a health problem or hazard for the student or others. House shoes/slippers are not allowed.
• Hair should be clean, well groomed, out of the eyes and worn in moderation. Facial hair, including mustaches, must be neatly trimmed and is permitted to be worn by students in high school only.
• Body piercing is limited to the ears only.