Thinking of Retiring?!?
Are you retired? Getting ready to retire? We've prepared a checklist especially
for you, and organized essential information on medical benefits, retirement
plan income, and other resources that support Alief ISD retirees.
Retirement Checklist for Alief ISD (not TRS)
- Approximately six months before your anticipated retirement date, submit a request to TRS for a retirement estimate and packet. TRS - 18 (800) 223-8778 or trs.texas.gov
- As soon as you receive your estimate and packet from TRS, review the information carefully. If you see any discrepancies, contact TRS immediately.
- Send TRS copies of birth records for you and (if you plan to select an Option 1, Option 2 or Option 5 retirement plan) your beneficiary. Write your Social Security number on the birth records submitted so that the records can be matched with your TRS account. Also, if your current name is different from your name on your birth certificate, write your current name on your birth certificate.
- Complete the documents provided in your retirement packet, following the instructions in the packet.
- Terminate your employment with Alief ISD by turning in a letter to your supervisor stating the date that you are retiring.
- Upon receipt of your retirement letter, Human Resources will send you an exit interview & Risk Management will send you a retirement notice with insurance information. Complete and return the forms.
- Risk Management will contact you regarding your Health Benefits & Local Leave Deferral Plan. Follow the directions in the packet and submit any documentation in a timely manner.
- Send TRS‐7 form to Payroll
- Call and verify your information was received with TRS, HR, & Risk Management
Who to Contact?