Items required for registration—
Originals or copies are accepted:
- Two proofs of residence (deed or lease, bank statement, and/or most recent utility bill)
- Student’s state-certified birth certificate (Pre-Kindergarten, kindergarten and first grade students must have originals.), immunization records, most recent report card/withdrawal papers and Social Security Card or Number (if available)
- Photo ID for the parent/guardian (A parent or guardian must accompany any student under the age of 18.)
Parents enrolling children in Pre-Kindergarten and qualifying on the basis of income must bring documentation of all sources of income for all members of the household. Acceptable forms of documentation include payroll check stubs for the most recent three months or the latest federal income tax return.
Kindergarten through 12th grade:
Children who reside in Alief ISD and are at least five years old by September 1 and under 21 years of age by September 1 may attend Alief schools. High school students at least 21 years of age and under 26 years of age can request admissions for up to one year to complete the requirements for a high school diploma.
To enroll in Alief ISD’s Pre-Kindergarten Program, a child must be four years old on or before September 1 of that school year and meet at least one of the following requirements:
- is unable to speak or comprehend the English language (Student will be tested).
- is homeless
- is the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States
- is the child of a member of the armed forces injured or killed while on active duty
- is or ever has been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services following an adversary hearing
- has a household income that is at or is below the subsistence level as defined by the State Board of Education (Documentation of all sources of income to all members of the household must be submitted at the time of registration.
- Acceptable documentation includes payroll check stubs for the most recent three months or the most recent federal income tax return.
Approval into Pre-Kindergarten is dependent on supporting documentation of requirements listed above.
Bilingual program registration—
Parents interested in enrolling their children in the district’s Spanish-English Bilingual Program, available for qualifying students in Pre-Kindergarten through sixth grade, must first register at their home school (the school in their attendance zone) before going to the assigned bilingual campus.
Mandarin Immersion Program/Dual Language Program—
Parents interested in the district’s Second Language Education program should visit www.aliefisd.net/language.