Form Submission Process

    1. Download the necessary form and fill out the PDF document. Upon completion, save the PDF.
      1. If you are unable to fill out the PDF, print out the document, complete it, and either scan the document or take a high-quality photo of the document. 
    2. Complete a ticket form at When completing this ticketing form, select:
      1. What can we help you with?: General Questions and Comments
      2. What school/department is this pertaining to?: Department\Enrollment (Student Services)
      3. Using the Attachments option at the bottom of the form, attach the completed form either as a PDF or an image file.
    3. The Student Services Department will review your request and will directly email you. Please expect an email from

    Please also complete a ticket form if you have any questions regarding the forms. You may also email us directly at

In-District Transfer Request Process

  • Elementary/Intermediate & Secondary

    Students shall be assigned to schools in the attendance areas in which they reside. The attendance area is determined by the residence where the minor resides with his or her family. It is the place where the minor has his or her true, fixed, and permanent home and principal establishment and to which, whenever absent, he or she has the intention of returning.

    Parents requesting a transfer for their child from the assigned school to a different school within the district must apply by filling out a transfer form. There are separate forms for elementary and secondary schools.

    All elementary, intermediate, and middle school transfer requests will be approved or denied based on the availability of space at the requested school.

    No transfer request is approved for Pre-Kindergarten


    High School

    Once assigned to a District high school through the random draw process, a student in grade 7 shall be eligible to request a transfer to a different high school through the last day of school of the current school year.

    Reasons for a transfer request include:

    1. An older brother or sister will be in attendance at another high school during the term of attendance of the incoming student.
    2. Brothers or sisters or twins, who are members of the same class, are assigned to the same school or to different schools. The District reserves the right to determine to which school the brothers and sisters will be assigned if such a request for transfer is made.
    3. An older brother, sister, or parent graduated from the other high school.
    4. The custodial parent is currently employed by the District.

    **After an intradistrict transfer student’s initial enrollment in a high school, the student shall be eligible for competitive activities after one year.**

Out-of-District Transfer Request (Limited Open Enrollment)

  • Parents of students living outside the Alief ISD attendance boundaries will have an opportunity to apply to enroll their children in selected Alief ISD schools through the Limited Open Enrollment Program.

    For more information on the Limited Open Enrollment opportunity, please visit the LOE website

Guardianship Requirements

  • This course of action applies to anyone applying for enrollment of a child other than the biological parent.

    • The applicant must have acceptable documentation for establishing standard guardianship requirements.
    • The applicant is proclaiming to the school district that they have voluntarily assumed the responsibility for the care and well-being of the child while in membership in the district.
    • The applicant must have, at time of enrollment, all documentation required for registering the child. The documentation must be submitted by the adult applicant along with the completed form.

    Guardianship Required Documents:

    1. Notarized Power of Attorney Letter written by a parent who has the authority to give guardianship or:
      1. CPS Placement documents
      2. Court documents signed by a judge
      3. Death Certificate
    2. Notarized District Acceptance form signed by the Guardian
    3. Guardian’s proof of residency:
      1. Lease, Deed or AISD tax receipt
      2. Business mail
    4. Student’s Birth Certificate: Must include name of guardian who wrote POA letter
    5. Student Immunization Records
    6. Last Report Card or Withdrawal Form
      1. Withdrawal Form required after the 10th day of instruction
    7. Student Social Security Card
    8. Photo ID of the Guardian

Out-of-District Transfer Form for Alief ISD Employees' Children