The STEM Scholars Scholarship Program awards $25,000 scholarships to 100 graduating high school seniors each year that intend to pursue a STEM-focused degree in college.
Program benefits include:
- Tiered tuition scholarships up to a total of $25,000: $2,500—freshmen and sophomore academic years $5,000—juniors and seniors academic years an additional $5,000—fifth-year students
- A $5,000 internship stipend for a STEM-related project
- Participation in: STEM Summer Institute (pre-college) in Washington, DC 2019 including site visits at The National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- UNCF Student Tech Empowerment Workshop & Career-development support: Mentoring, training, and education
- Access to entrepreneurial training in launching new tech ventures through a competitive venture accelerator program.
- Apply online: UNCF.org/STEMSCHOLARS
- Deadline: March 3, 2019
- General Eligibility: African American; 3.0 GPA; high school senior entering U.S.-accredited college or university Fall 2019; demonstrated unmet or financial need; U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident
- Email us with any questions: email@example.com
The primary goal of our scholarship is to remove financial barriers to college for 500 African American science-focused students over 5 years. The program includes in-depth academic wrap-around support services including no-cost online, video-based, math and science tutoring for every scholar throughout college.
The third cohort of 100 students was awarded last year.
- The application deadline is March 3, 2019. Attached to this email is a 1-page fact sheet and flyers
- Click here for a short video recap of our summer orientation
Again, we truly appreciate you sharing this information with faculty, students and parents. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions
Tech & STEM Initiatives
Fund II Foundation - UNCF STEM
HBCU Innovation - Silicon Valley
1805 7th St., NW
Washington, DC 20001