Alief ISD DonorsChoose.org Technology Guidelines
Before submitting a project, staff members must complete the following steps:
- Before a teacher submits a project requesting technology, he/she must check the Alief ISD Technology Standards List
- A list of approved mobile devices can be found on the Alief ISD Technology Standards List
- As per the guidelines set up by DonorsChoose.org. And Alief ISD, the teacher understands that the equipment belongs to the campus and is to be considered a classroom tool, not for personal use.
- Prior to submitting the request to DonorsChoose.org., teachers must submit a request to & receive approval from the Digital Learning Department. Requests are submitted using this form: Donor’s Choose Technology Grant Approval Form
After awarded projects are delivered to campus, recipients must complete the following steps:
- Take technology to the campus Instructional Technology Specialist where it will be processed (obtain a barcode & label for check-out to the awarded teacher).
- Visit with the campus Instructional Technology Specialist for information about loading apps & software to the device(s).
- Notify the Competitive Grants Specialist in the Federal Programs & Grants office that you have been awarded.