Credit by Exam (CBE)
Alief ISD offers Credit by Exam (CBE) for acceleration in grades K-8 and for original high school credit for most courses in accordance with the guidelines set forth by the Texas State Board of Education. A student is allowed to accelerate one grade or specific course per academic year. Alief ISD is required by state law to offer Credit by Exam (CBE) for acceleration during four different testing windows.
2020-2021 Calendar Year:
- March 6, 2021
- June 8-9, 2021
- July 6-7, 2021
Credit by Exam (CBE) Guidelines
- To accelerate a grade level (K-8), a student must score an 80 or above on each exam that they take.
- A student in grades K-8 will take 4 exams (Math, ELA, Science, and Social Studies).
- A student in grades K-8 is allowed one attempt per grade level to accelerate that specific grade.
- A student attempting to receive original high school credit will take 2 exams (Semester A and Semester B). The student must score 80 or above on each Semester exam to receive credit for that semester course. It is possible for the student to receive credit for one semester and not the other.
- A high school student is allowed two attempts to receive original credit for the course in which they are attempting to test before they must enroll in the course.
- For registration forms, please contact the student's counselor at their home campus.
Credit by Exam (CBE) Vendor
- Alief ISD purchases the Credit by Exams (CBE) from The University of Texas at Austin.
- You can visit their website using the link below: https://highschool.utexas.edu/credit_by_exam
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Alief ISD Student Assessment office at 281-498-8110 extension 29110.