Campus Guidelines for Success
Crossroads Guidelines for Success
- No communication (gestures or verbal).
- Walk to designated class.
- Respect yourselves, peers, and all adults.
- Walk to the right.
All Crossroads students must be transported either by District Transportation (buses) or by the parent/legal guardian. Students eligible to ride District transportation must do so. Non-eligible bus riding students are not allowed to walk home from Crossroads, with the exception of students who live within the campus walking zone. Students are not allowed to drive personal vehicles to school. Students not adhering to this policy will be subject to a major loss of points each time they commit the infraction.
When a student is absent, the parent is requested to call the office to report the absence at (281) 988-3266. Our attendance clerk makes daily phone calls home as well. Please note that no points are awarded to absent students (see point system below). Students are only excused when they bring a note. When these students return, they must present proof of court appearance which also shows the exact time they appeared. Notes not turned in within 3 days of unexcused absence are not valid.
Crossroads students are allowed only on this campus. Students may not be on any other Alief campus for any reason without prior written consent and approval of their home campus Assistant Principal. This rule applies to the formal school day as well to after school functions such as dances and sporting events. Students in violation risk disciplinary action up to and including tickets and/or fines.
Students enrolling at Crossroads will have an established amount of points to achieve in order to complete the term. This term is administered at their home campus. Please remember, although the term "days" is used, a student must earn the points to exit. The point system is as follows:
Program Days Assigned Required Points to Exit Phase-In
Crossroads students will receive daily points. The point status card serves as documentation of the students success or failure in earning the maximum amount of points available to them. Students are expected to comply with the rules set for them. Failure to do so will result in an immediate loss of points.
- Students will adhere to the Crossroads Dress Code.
- Students may not communicate with others (verbally or non-verbally) without permission.
- Students must walk to the right of the hallway.
- Students will be respectful to staff and peers.
- Students may not bring any non-allowed items on campus including but, not limited to: money in excess of $5.00, makeup, chapstick, candy, pens, backpacks, jewelry, and purses as well as any other item that would be a violation of the law or that would jeopardize the safety of others.