Family Engagement Policy
“Preparing Students for Tomorrow…Caring for Then Today”
We appreciate the partnership that parents and families share with the teachers and staff at Cummings Elementary. It takes everyone working together to bring about the best for our students as they grow to become successful adults in the future. We believe all children can succeed when there are opportunities for family members to participate in each child’s education. Cummings staff members will communicate with family members in an ongoing manner throughout the school year. Parents and families will be encouraged to become involved through:
Parent / Family Involvement Opportunities
- Open House / Meet the Teacher Night / Title I Annual Meeting
- Parent Conferences (held twice each school year)
- Family Engagement Center Meetings (held twice weekly)
- Family Engagement Center Presentations
- Shared Decision Making Council (SDC) Meetings
- After school events ( ex: Book Fairs, Music Programs, Fitness Night)
- Family Learning Nights (Spanish Translator provided)
- Awards Assemblies (held each report card period)
- Parent / Guardian Library Cards to use at the Cummings Elem. Library
- Family Engagement Policy MeetingsParent / Family School Communication
- Marquee Display
- Family Information Wall (Display outside of Front Office)
- Family Engagement Center Bulletin Board (located inside Parent Center)
- Cardinalgram (sent home weekly)
- Daily Take Home Folders
- Student Planners (4th Grade, sent home daily)
- Monthly Calendars (sent on back of Cardinalgram)
- Cummings Elementary Website (http://cummings.aliefisd.net)
- School-Family Title 1 Compact outlining shared responsibilities for improved student achievement (In English and Spanish)
- School-wide Callout (for Special Events)
- Automated callout for students who are absent
- Parent Climate Survey (Online)Parent Involvement in Developing this Policy
- Each school year meetings consisting of parents, teachers, paraprofessionals and administrators are held to develop and agree upon the written Parent Involvement Policy for Cummings Elementary School. This policy:
- Informs parents about opportunities to become involved and ways that the school will communicate with them throughout the year.
- Establishes the expectations of all concerned regarding parent involvement.
- Is made available to the local community.
- Is updated annually to meet the changing needs of parents and the school.